London’s powers and resources
London’s government needs the powers, resources and competences necessary to run London and support the city’s growth. This includes more devolution to London government of the taxes we already pay and of powers from national government.
London generates substantially more in tax receipts than it receives in public expenditure. Yet little of the tax collected from London is determined by London government and the GLA is funded largely...
- CSR letter (PDF, 181.51K, 03.06.2012)
- A balanced tax policy – Supporting UK growth (PDF, 2.66MB, 11.2012)
- Briefing paper: the case for a competitive personal taxation regime (PDF, 276.79K)
- Letter to the Chancellor ahead of the Autumn Statement (PDF, 1.89MB)
- Response to the Independent Commission on Banking – Interim Report (PDF, 184.68K)
- Response to the Treasury Select Committee's inquiry into the fundamental principles of tax policy (PDF, 181.18K)
- A Balanced Tax Policy: Supporting UK Growth report (PDF, 2.67MB)
- UK Tax regime - Taxing London for Investment and Growth (PDF, 539.09K)