Nominations open for London’s best plannersMay 27, 2015
Do you know of London’s Best New Place to Live or Best New Public Space?
To nominate a project for the London Planning Awards, the annual competition to celebrate the best in the planning world, complete an entry form at www.londonplanningawards.com. The deadline to enter is Friday 11 September.
This years awards categories for:
- Best New Place to Work
- Best Community Led Project
- Best Conceptual Project
- Best New Public Space
- Best New Place to Live
- Best Project Five Years On
- Best Heritage Led Project
- Best Town Centre Project
- Best Planning Authority (New for 2015-16)
The purpose of the Awards is to:
- recognise excellence and showcase examples that are leading the urban renaissance in London.
- raise expectations and standards and promote awareness of good practice.
- improve the profile of planning and the morale of those involved.
Awards may be given to boroughs, developers, consultants, community groups, public agencies, partnerships and other teams. All entries will be expected to fulfil the objectives of the London Plan and demonstrate how they meet the specific criteria outlined under each of the award categories.
The London Planning Awards, now in its 13th year, is organised, in partnership with the Mayor of London, London First, RTPI and London Councils, to recognise and reward best practice in planning in the capital. The Awards are launched in the summer of each year with judging in the autumn.
The awards ceremony will take place at City Hall on Tuesday 3 February 2016 and is attended by over 300 senior representatives from the boroughs (officers and members), City Hall, developers, planners and community groups.