Next wave of housing zones to be unveiledJune 5, 2015
Deputy Mayor for Housing, Richard Blakeway, will unveil the next wave of housing zones at a London First breakfast event on 25 June.
London’s housing zones are set to benefit from £400m of public investment to create 20 of the areas across London, delivering 50,000 new homes and over 100,000 associated jobs over the next ten years.
The zones – of which 11 have already been announced – are areas where boroughs can speed up and simplify the process of building on brownfield sites through locally led partnerships and a range of support measures, including recoverable investment funding.
Members will have the opportunity to hear from and pose questions to some of the key players regenerating London. These include:
The 11 zones already announced are:
- Abbey Wood, Plumstead and Thamesmead (LB Bexley)
- Abbey Wood and South Thamesmead (RB Greenwich)
- Barking Town Centre (LB Barking & Dagenham)
- Clapham Junction to Battersea Riverside (LB Wandsworth)
- Heart of Harrow (LB Harrow)
- Hounslow Town Centre (LB Hounslow)
- New Bermondsey (LB Lewisham)
- Southall (LB Ealing)
- Tottenham (LB Haringey)
- Wembley (LB Brent)
- Blackhorse Lane (LB Waltham Forest)
If you would like to attend this event please contact Laura Sarmiento.
Contact: Laura Sarmiento, LSarmiento@LondonFirst.co.uk