London wish list for new Business SecretaryMay 22, 2015
London First has written to Sajid Javid, the new Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills, setting out what London’s businesses need from the new government.
It focuses on:
- The EU referendum and the importance of London’s access to the Single Market;
- Immigration and the need to reclassify overseas students as temporary migrants;
- Steps to deliver more housebuilding in London;
- Tackling the growing long-term infrastructure challenges facing the capital;
- Seeing through plans to give more powers over skills provision to London; and,
- The importance of a stable and competitive tax regime.
The letter also highlights the Chancellor’s recent Long Term Economic Plan for London, which it noted was a welcome development from the Government, echoing many of the priorities of London First. We also welcomed the Government’s aspiration for London to take on New York across a range of sectors and come out on top.
Read the full letter here.
Contact: Sian Morgan, email@example.com