For the long term success of Greater London, what steps should be taken to accelerate development and create great places to live and work?
London First is bringing together practitioners from the planning and development and infrastructure sectors to form The London Urban Transformation Commission (LUTC). The Commission will make recommendations on the way forward for regeneration in London to keep the capital competitive in the wake of Brexit and an intensifying housing crisis. We’ll be looking, in particular, at ways of thinking and working, policy formulation, governance and resourcing to achieve this.
- To produce a fresh blueprint for regeneration in London
- To seek to identify what constitutes economically and socially viable communities and how these areas can be fostered.
- To encourage an improved joined up approach in policy development and advocacy, in planning, housing and transport, and to promote better coordination of these areas at the GLA.
- To focus on public/private collaboration, tackling blockers to regeneration and drilling into areas where progress could be accelerated.
- To consider the financial viability of individual schemes.
- To publish a report of its findings in early 2018.
The Commission’s work will focus as it evolves on the key issues identified.
The Commission will be chaired by Stephen Warrington, London First board member, and led by Sue Brown, executive director of planning and development at London First.
Stephen Warrington – Non-Executive Director, London First (Chair)
Sue Brown – Executive Director, Planning and Development, London First
Martin Bellinger – Chief Operating Office, Essential Living
Nick Belsten – Director, Indigo Planning
Jeremy Castle – Director, Planning, Deloitte
Dr Nancy Holman – Director of Planning Studies, London School of Economics
Andrew Jones – Managing Director, AECOM
Lee Polisano – President, PLP
Simon Durkin – Head of UK Research, BNP Paribas
Greg Tillotson – Regional Development Director, Barratt
Rob Tincknell – Chief Executive Officer, Battersea Power Station
Roberta Downey – Partner, Hogan Lovells
Look out for opportunities throughout the year to contribute to the Commissions’ work and influence.
For more information, contact Nadine Tewfik-Saad: firstname.lastname@example.org